Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 6

Thursday, June 25th

Another long driving day. After hiking to the hoodoos in the morning, [insert pic] we headed towards Whitehorse. We did have one significant stop: The Laird Hot springs. At first, we didn't know if we had time to stop, but we thought we'd check it out. I'm glad we did. These were the best hot springs I've ever been too. They were the largest natural pools I had come across. [insert pic] They were hot, and one of them was 3 meters deep! I was swimming in a hot spring! [insert pic] After leaving Liard, I had a long driving section that lasted for hours after a quick fill up in Watson Lake. We did one quick restroom break right before the largest bridge we'd come across so far in Teslin, then made it to Whitehorse. We had successfully made it to the Yukon. We pulled into an RV park, cooked dinner, then Tana and I headed down along the Yukon River trail on bikes to Whitehorse 6 km below. The town was weird and full of interesting people. It was weird to watch people come out of bars at 11:00 pm while it was still very light. We were glad we didn't live in the town. We headed back up hill and I walked towards the check in desk to get on the internet. That's when I learned Michael Jackson died. My heart sunk. I can remember watching him moon walk for the first time and my dad and I stayed up all night trying to figure out how to do it. The man had an interesting life, but he was a legend and I'll miss him for his spunk and musical genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment